Specialising in wireless protocol R&D, with experience in embedded software, networking, wireless communications, electronics, and Linux.
Currently working on Nordic's Bluetooth Low Energy stack.
- Previously at Toshiba Research Europe, where I worked on proprietary wireless mesh protocols. Played a key role in the deployment of a large-scale smart city network in South Gloucestershire, and was responsible for the embedded Linux build, FreeRTOS and Contiki-NG firmware, and backhaul fibre network.
- Maintainer of the Contiki-NG embededd IoT operating system, and the Nordic nRF52840 port.
- Graduated from the University of Bristol with a Masters degree in Computer Science and Electronics, where I wrote my thesis on IPv4 coexistence methods for end-to-end IPv6 connectivity in 6LoWPAN networks, and added RFC4213 tunnel support to the Contiki-NG NAT64 layer.
- Lockie, C., Mavromatis, I., Stanoev, A., Jin, Y., & Oikonomou, G. (2022). Securing Synchronous Flooding Communications: An Atomic-SDN Implementation. arXiv. https://doi.org/10.48550/ARXIV.2208.02299
- Aijaz, A., & Stanoev, A. (2021). Closing the Loop: A High-Performance Connectivity Solution for Realizing Wireless Closed-Loop Control in Industrial IoT Applications. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 1–1. https://doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2021.3073505
- Baddeley, M., Aijaz, A., Raza, U., Stanoev, A., Jin, Y., Schuß, M., Boano, C. A., & Oikonomou, G. (2021). 6TiSCH++ with Bluetooth 5 and Concurrent Transmissions. Proceedings of the 2021 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks, 25–30. https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.5555/3451271.3451274
- Aijaz, A., & Stanoev, A. (2021). Method of generating a communication schedule for nodes in a multi-hop network. US Patent 11,172,498. https://patents.google.com/patent/US11172498B2/en
- Baddeley, M., Boano, C. A., Escobar-Molero, A., Liu, Y., Ma, X., Raza, U., Römer, K., Schuß, M., & Stanoev, A. (2020). The Impact of the Physical Layer on the Performance of Concurrent Transmissions. 2020 IEEE 28th International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICNP49622.2020.9259407
I can be contacted at alex astanoev.com or on Gitter.im.