- Research Engineer specialising in wireless protocol research and development, with a wide area of expertise, including embedded software, networks and wireless communications, electronics design, and embedded Linux.
- Currently involved in the development of a large-scale IoT deployment in South Gloucestershire, playing a large role in the node hardware and software design, embedded Linux development, FreeRTOS and Contiki-NG firmware, as well as the backhaul fibre network.
- Maintainer of the Contiki-NG embededd IoT operating system, and involved with the Nordic nRF52840 port.
- Graduated from the University of Bristol with a Masters degree in Computer Science and Electronics, where I wrote my thesis on IPv4 coexistence for end-to-end IPv6 connectivity on 6LoWPAN devices.
- Aijaz, A., & Stanoev, A. (2021). Closing the Loop: A High-Performance Connectivity Solution for Realizing Wireless Closed-Loop Control in Industrial IoT Applications. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 1–1. https://doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2021.3073505
- Baddeley, M., Aijaz, A., Raza, U., Stanoev, A., Jin, Y., Schuß, M., Boano, C. A., & Oikonomou, G. (2021). 6TiSCH++ with Bluetooth 5 and Concurrent Transmissions. Proceedings of the 2021 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks, 25–30. https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.5555/3451271.3451274
- Farnham, T., Jones, S., Aijaz, A., Jin, Y., Mavromatis, I., Raza, U., Portelli, A., Stanoev, A., & Sooriyabandara, M. (2021). UMBRELLA Collaborative Robotics Testbed and IoT Platform. 2021 IEEE 18th Annual Consumer Communications Networking Conference (CCNC), 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCNC49032.2021.9369615
- Baddeley, M., Boano, C. A., Escobar-Molero, A., Liu, Y., Ma, X., Raza, U., Römer, K., Schuß, M., & Stanoev, A. (2020). The Impact of the Physical Layer on the Performance of Concurrent Transmissions. 2020 IEEE 28th International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICNP49622.2020.9259407
- Stanoev, A., Aijaz, A., Portelli, A., & Baddeley, M. (2020). Demo: Closed-Loop Control over Wireless - Remotely Balancing an Inverted Pendulum on Wheels. Proceedings of the 2020 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks, 195–197. https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.5555/3400306.3400342
I can be contacted at alex astanoev.com or on Gitter.im.